The anticipated, first Glossybox of 2013 is here! It feels like forever since the last one because we received it before Christmas.
The theme of this month is “Functional beauty”.
Victoria, Glossybox Beauty director says that she got inspired by design and architecture. The products featured will allow you to bring out and enhance your beauty! That’s pretty much what it says on the card~
A physical copy of Glossymag was on top of the box when I opened it. Even though I don’t really like trends… the ones featured in the magazine are right up my ally! E.g. “Powerlips”, “Glitter and Glam” and “Lashes de luxe”. The rest I don’t really like… at all (on myself) so ponytails and ballerina buns, I’ll leave to the rest of the beautiful people.
So let’s start with what I got in my box!
1. BERT’S BEES Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream
100% natural cuticle cream from Bert’s Bees in a tiny tin. Smells wonderfully of lemon and has the same color as lemon curd. The product strenghten and moisturises your nails and cuticles. The product is 8.5 g/0.3 oz. which is half the original product on 17 g. for 79 SEK.
I have not owned a cuticle cream before so I’m exited to try it since my cuticles during winter always get sore and crack. The smell is also very pleasant so I’m looking forward to using this before going to bed!
2. PERCY & REED No-Fuss Fabulousness Dry Conditioner
I’m a fan of dry shampoo so I will probably like this product! The packaging is really cute and the matt, cream color make me think a little vintage and luxury. A interview with the duo, Adam Reed and Paul Percival can be found in Glossymag where the interviewer says that they, as innovative as they are, came up with dry conditioner!
This little 50 ml can is the full-sized product and is worth 129 SEK.
3. Illamasqua Cream Pigment
“This intensely colour-rich, matt and crease-resistant formula has been designed for use on the face, eyes, lips and body. Apply with an Illamasqua brush or simply use your fingers for a buildable, water-resistant, highly pigmented finish.” -from Illamasqua’s site.
I was so exited when I saw an Illamasqua-product! I’ve been wanting to buy something in forever and their sale that ended today might’ve been a golden opportunity but I have to prioritize other things unfortunately.
I got the lilac color Dab. It’s a bit pale for me but since the formula is discribes as absolutely amazing (water-resistant, matt, buildable, crease-resistant ect.), I’m going to use it as a base under the eyeshadow I want to wear!
This is of course the full-sized product and costs 179 SEK.
4. Elite Models Intensity Eye Pencil
A waterproofed and extremely lasting eyeliner. It’s creamy and soft which makes it easy to apply. Contain shea butter and vitamin E.
I’m really happy that I got this product because my eyeliner has been running on empty for quite a while now! It’s jet black but has beautiful glitter in it so I’ll have to buy a new one anyway ( I need a plain black one when I’m doing my project). This black with sparkles is called Secret Grey 02. It’s full sized and costs 109 sek.
5. Oliva By CCS Eco Makeup Remover Wipes
Gentle and effective makeup remover wipes containing organic olive oil and olive leaf-extract which will soften and moisturise.
Only used makeup remover wipes one time but I think that the consept is great since its organic and I feel like wipes are less messy than using cleansing lotion and cotton buds. The wipes smell pretty pleasant… I’m not a fan of the way olive oil smells so that should tell you something!
This is an original product and is worth 50 SEK.
I’m very satisfied with the products that I got since I’ve gotten a lot of things I haven’t tried and things I need! I’m very annoyed with the people complaining on the Glossybox.se-facebook page. They say that they’ve gotten a box of low quality products and not what the Glossybox-site promises!
1. You received a box with 5 beauty products (just as they promise). Even if you get toothpaste, that is a beauty product (if it whitens your teeth). Since I read that someone got it and was disappointed and I don’t know any details but I would asume that it whitens your teeth.
2. They tell you that you will receive samples to discover new products. Now if you’ve read through all the products I got, 4 out of 5 are full-sized. I don’t know about you but I’m very grateful.
3. If you notice that you aren’t satisfied, send them an email or something! No one (except your fellow complainers) is going to want to hear that you are suuuper disappointed and that Glossybox should shape up since you wanted that product and not the one you got! They use your beauty profile to decide what box you’ll get so do something about your profile! You can always switch with someone else on the page (seen it happen) if anything else.
Phew. Now that’s out of my system (almost).
Hope you enjoyed the post! See you tomorrow~ I have to sleep now.